Thursday, September 10, 2009

The 24hr Precept

this photo was taken at the AUFMC conference room, Shane missing. Hehe

Preceptorship, this is one event every Medtech student looks forward to. This is the 24-hr duty which is done prior to internship. Finally, after 3 and a half years, I have reached the precept. When Sir Ryan announced to us that we were finally embarking on that journey, I had butterflies in my stomach. I did not know what I was feeling. I was happy and sad at the same time! I was happy because finally, this is it, the moment I have been long waiting for, and sad because I have been attached too much to school that I don't want to leave it anymore.

Anyway, I had a very very unique experience during our precept. Everything was so different, and I reminded myself that this is it, this is the real world, there is no more turning back. It was hard adjusting to the environment and the people, but it was FUN! I even had the chance to release results and wander through the empty halls of the hospital in the weee hours of the morning. Yes, that was fun, although I should say, it was a bit creepy! Especially in the 2nd flr of the AUFMC lab(micro section), it was so deserted, but hey, I had the courage to stay there. Thanks to Jim and Eryll. Hahaha.:) Its nice to have boys as friends, because you know they are always a bit braver than yourself. Tick tock tick tock, all of us were waiting for 8am, the time we can go home and sleep! It was hard sleeping at the hard wood of the conference table, what a challenge that was. We were given those fold-a-ble beds but we had to take turns, unfortunately, you first had to compete with Ethel to be given a chance to sleep on those beds. Haha. 24hrs was long! But as time passed by, we were given the chance to go bonding with my precept groupmates. That is one of the joyous moments I will never trade for anything in this world. I will never forget our non-stop eating, our kwentohans, and the many many laughs we shared.

This experience is not only educational, but also it gave us a chance to develop a special bond amongst us groupmates, a memory we will never forget. :)
♥XOXO, jelz

3 comments:

  1. Very good observations. Learning also involves the affective aspect. Good luck to internship training. Noted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see that the group is still intact ;)

    hehe... so you're getting your exposure to the 'real' world.

    good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing it! It is always a joy to learn something that I didn't know. I have you to thank for teaching me something new, and I appreciate it very much. :-)

    Please read my post Clinical Chemistry reagents Manufacturers

    Diagnostic Kits Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete